Thursday, June 25, 2009

getting nervous and reasons to build now

Well I am starting to get very very nervous about this whole chase a home loan, thing. Wondering if Kathryn and I are making the right decision to try and land a home loan "big fish" now? or should we just give it a big kiss like Rex Hunt and throw it back into the sea to catch again at a better time...to be honest I am not sure, I'm a little scared we wont get what we want, or that something will go wrong and we lose everything, or we just get so preoccupied trying to pay mortgage we forget to live...but continuing to rent doesnt look very attractive either , so I think going after the home loan full speed ahed now is the way, although I still have some nervousness about it...

State Government is keen to get people to build, and have a heap of reasons why they think ""now is a good time to build", of course they have a vested interest (doesnt everyone) in stimulating econony=more revenue=they look better in government...
Anyway reasons to build here...

Big concern in my mind appeared today, because from what I read the shared equity scheme only applies to established houses and "house & land packages", if so that may mean we are a lot more restricted than i thought, cos it would mean we cant choose out block and house design..., we are stuck with a house and land package from homebuyers, homestart,good life, easystart etc etc...and given how low our loan is likely to be, that could restrict what locations we can go into by wayyyy to much...But then again maybe I have just misread a poorly worded brochure...

****UPDATE 26/6/09 checked with keystart, and I was wrong we can choose our own land and a separate builder as long as we build on it straightaway (possibly have to finish or start within 12 months...)..so its ok.....******

Hopefully we can find good guidance from God at this time, and good things can occur...

No comments:

Post a Comment